Text overlay

Jan 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for providing this module for free.  It works great!

The only question I have is adding an option to overlay text on the image.

Is this a possible future feature?

If not, how would you recommend doing this?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

This could be a possible feature in the future.  In the meantime, is it out of the question to provide this as part of the image itself?

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

That's what I was thinking would be the quickest way.

Thanks

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I think what we would like is for it to work like the default DarkKnight skin does. Each "Slider" has a text link in a shadowed box at the bottom of the images. Clicking on one brings that "slider" image into view (not redirect to target page link).

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 3:24 AM

You could do that using the pager feature.  The one in the DarkKnight skin is the same exact jQuery plugin that is used in this module.  I do not have an exact configuration example of how to achieve that using this module.  The only tricky part is defining the CSS for how you want the pager element to be displayed.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I have the content slider working almost exactly as it is in the DarkNight skin, with the exception of the pager overlay. Even with the correct css classes, it isn't as clear cut as you think it is.

I think the confusion is in the pager settings itself.. For example the default class is "activeSlide", but yet I don't see where that class gets injected at all into the source. I also placed some markup in the pager element field, and again, don't see that being injected into the source.

It would be nice if we had an example to go by showcasing the pager functionality, maybe as it is in the DarkNight skin possibly.

Thoughts?

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I've gotten the pager working with the settings during testing, I have just not been able to nail down the right CSS, because the pager won't stay in the same place for me.  I have some work to do there.  I will continue to work on that as I have time, but if you get it nailed down, let me know here.  I would definitely include any necessary changes in the module, with credit of course.  ;)