Image Loading shows ALL images

Jul 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I have a minor annoyance and I wanted to see if anyone could help me.

I have about 6 Slider images loaded.  When I browse to the site(especially if I am coming from a slower connection), the module 'briefly' shows ALL the images, then loads the slider correctly.

On some other sliders I've seen, it will display a "Loading..." icon, so the user will not see all the images while they are loading.

Any ideas on what I can do to replicate this?

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I've done something similar using css, making some changes in the module.css file, which seems to be working for me in one situation. I've adapted it from a nivo slider mod.

I altered the .wns-slideshow-wrapper rule, & added the  .wns-slideshow-wrapper img &  .wns-slideshow-wrapper a snippets.

.wns-slideshow-wrapper { position:relative; z-index:850; 
	position:relative;
    background:url(images/loading.gif) no-repeat 50% 50%; }

.wns-slideshow-wrapper img {
    position:absolute;
    top:0px;
    left:0px;
    display:block;
}

.wns-slideshow-wrapper a {
    border:0;
    display:block;
}

Be good to get some feedback on this, if it works correctly, maybe it (or a modified version) could be included it the next release?
(I haven't yet fully tested this in a range of scenarios, so use at your own risk)
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Actually this solution works rather well. It has somewhat stopped that behavior mentioned above and contains the image loading to be only the first image, but every now and then after clearing cache (or using a slow connection) you can see multiple images trying to load...BUT...at least they stay contained to the pane where the module resides in plus they don't stack and overtake the page. A big plus IMO.